Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
register

2087 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2019-08-01 09:23:21

•   Level 2   
    (15) points
    AmdAuto
    2017-05-29 03:40:16
       i bought a used ds708 and trying to register it to try and update it but wont let me. contacted customer support with them sending me a link to update. can anyone one help me get this registered for me

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-05-29 06:06:19 (Reply to:AmdAuto)

You need to purchase a DS708 update if the free 1year update period is over. If you don't want to pay,  Do not allow expired update period DS708 to connect to your WIFI and especially Autel's server.  Retrieve the serial number and the "register password"  by clicking  "Set up" , then clicking "About" and writing it down. You need to contact support and check update status if expired , if you want to pay to update , let them know you plan to  re register the used unit to your name and email address, after that is done and the update period is not expired  . Install the DS708 software suite CD on a clean windows PC and do the updates from the PC program one make at a time . I would immediately back up and copy the old software of the existing SD card  to your PC . Get a brand new 16gb SD card formatted in FAT32 and put it in the card reader and copy the back up software to it and save the old working SD card as backup just in case the newer software versions have issues .

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    EMD

2019-08-01 09:23:21

It shame for the device to become unusable once the subscription period has expired.
    There is supposed to be a basic release that the device will continue to operate, and there should also be an option to reset the factory when needed.
    It is inconceivable that a  500 $ device becomes unusable once the SD card is lost or corrupted!
    There also should be a low subscription cost for those who have old units to get old basic software, and get it in use.
    For mine sd708 the subscription is 450 $ UNBELIEVABLE
    Monetary thinking!

Autel is losing customers, I'm one of them.
  Total1 Pages